Two for Kkompany

What happens when two actors from variedly different backgrounds come together to act in a spoof gangster movie? Hold that thought and imagine how it would be when your next door comic hero with films like Kyaa Kool Hain Hum, Mujhe Kucch Kehna hain, and Golmaal in his kitty chats with Living Digital accompanied by a serious, mature lady who has carved a niche for herself with Parineeta, and Eklavya. Read on as Tusshar Kapoor and Raima Sen talk about their film plans, addiction to the Internet, and on-set antics 

Q. It will be quite interesting to see the two of you with alarmingly different film backgrounds starring together in C Kkompany. Go ahead and spill some beans. 

Tusshhar: The movie tells the story of three middle class losers across different age groups who come together and life becomes mayhem. For the first time in my life, I play the character of a crime reporter. 

Raima: … he falls with me, who is the daughter of a gangster. The poor guy is caught in this bizarre emotional conflict where he can’t deviate from his line of duty, nor can he give up his intense love for me. I sympathize with him. 

Q. Raima, you are used to doing more serious projects while a spoof gangster movie sounds right up Tushar’s alley. Did you have conflicts while shooting together? 

Tusshar: The first few days of the shoot, our lady would turn up at the sets and start delivering her shots very naturally – the way she did in her more serious films. I slowly corrupted her by telling her to be loud, and emote more strongly. 

Raima: Tushar was quite patient with me and told me to open up more, and I was very comfortable once I took these hints. Its quite fun to look back at the first few days of shooting, where for a change, the woman ‘actually’ listened to a man and took his words seriously. 

Q. Tusshar, I am surprised to find that you are not carrying the iPhone like most of your fellow brethren in the industry. Any secret reason? 

Tusshar: You are right. I use this not so recent model of Nokia (a 62xx series slider). I have had a chance to check out the iPhone, but I honestly believe the hype is overdone. At the end of the day, I use my phone to take calls, sometimes make calls and send text messages, and I would like to believe there are many others out there like me. I’m quite happy with my Nokia. 

Q. Raima, you look like you are dying to contradict him. Go ahead and enlighten us. 

Raima: I have an iPhone and to a certain extent, I like flaunting it. I think the design is quite impressive, and I like those little add on features that you may not find on your regular phone. I do not have a grudge against it. In fact I more than like it. 

Q. Do you guys social network very often? I know for one Tusshar has a lot of counterfeit Facebook accounts in his name. 

Tusshar: I’m quite surprised to hear that. I went on to Facebook about three months back and found a few school and college friends, but I haven’t been addicted to it. In fact, I’m not addicted to anything on the Internet. I still use my good old Hotmail account, and it is probably the only account I use. 

Raima: I love Facebook. I have an account and I have a good number of friends whom I regularly keep in touch with. I do check out for new scraps on my iPhone while I’m shooting. Of late, I’ve been addicted to a few games on Facebook that are extremely cute.  

Q. Tushar, you are known to be a gym freak. What, besides this is your fitness mantra? 

Tusshar: Yes, I hit the gym very regularly, even while I’m travelling. Combine this with a ‘moderately’ disciplined diet that has less fat and oil can go a long way in maintaining good health. 

Raima: … and his regular intake of energy drinks. I fail to understand how it works on people. I remember the two of us had partied till 5am one day during the shoot, and I had to be up at 9am for the shoot. This man gives me an entire jug of Red Bull, and I’m still groggy eyed.

Copyright: Living Digital, September 2008

No comments: